Saturday, March 20, 2010

The difference a little punctuation can make

Below is a dismissal letter to a Printosaurus Creative Director. Unfortunately, the half blind PA that typed it up misplaced the punctuation...

THE WRONG LETTER
Dear Hika, I want a Creative Director that knows what the new world of advertising is all about. You are smart, intelligent, forward thinking. People who are not like you admit to being out of touch and clueless. You have put our client’s brands back on top. Of that I am certain. Things will only get worse if you resign. I will be happy to give you a pay rise. Is out of the question you can leave.

THE RIGHT LETTER.
Dear Hika, I want a Creative Director that knows what the new world of advertising is. All about you are smart, intelligent, forward thinking people who are not like you. Admit to being out of touch and clueless. You have put our client’s brands back. On top of that I am certain things will only get worse. If you resign I will be happy. To give you a pay rise is out of the question. You can leave.

Printosaurus and PA have subsequently been fired.

No comments:

Post a Comment